Welcome to Joey Moss School
See all that Joey Moss School has to offer.
Joey Moss School opened September 2022.
Joey Moss captured the hearts of Edmontonians for decades. He became a household name working as a dressing room attendant for the Edmonton Oilers and the Edmonton Eskimos (now the Edmonton Elks), since the 1980s. Players and fans alike looked up to Joey for his passion, positive attitude and incredible work ethic. He taught many people about acceptance and inclusivity through his work, community involvement and advocacy for supports for people with disabilities in the Edmonton region.
Joey Moss School is a community school that fosters a sense of belonging and where students are celebrated, respected and challenged. We focus on building relationships and connections, the school provides enrichment and leadership opportunities that nurture the whole child in a welcoming and supportive environment.
Joey Moss School is a Level 2 closed boundary school.
As outlined in Division regulations, the only new students accepted to our school during pre-enrolment are:
If the student you are registering or pre-enrolling meets one of these criteria for the 2024-2025 school year, please register them online (new students) or pre-enrol through SchoolZone (existing students). Pre-enrolment begins on Feb. 1, 2024 for both new and returning students.
Following the close of pre-enrolment at 4 pm on March 22, 2024, the school will only accept resident students who have newly moved into the attendance area or resident students eligible for Kindergarten.
PLEASE NOTE: We are unable to accept Property tax bill, Bank statement, Mutual funds or Retirement Saving Plans. We will accept the following:
- electricity bill
- natural gas bill
- water, garbage pickup and sewer
- mortgage document with proof of home insurance or
- lease agreement with proof of tenant insurance
- driver's license
Joey Moss School has a desire to engage with parents through School Council. Our School Council focuses on building a community at Joey Moss that works in collaboration with the Fundraising Society to sponsor events. As a member of the School Council, you are able to provide valuable input and gain insight into the education your child is receiving. Involvement also helps parents gain a greater understanding of the school and the educational process. All parents are encouraged to attend monthly meetings. Meeting information is posted for parents on SchoolZone.
The Joey Moss Fundraising Society runs fundraising events to provide financial support to enhance the education of all the children that attend Joey Moss School. Fundraising meetings will follow School Council meetings each month. Watch SchoolZone for more information.
The Fundraising Society is raising funds through events, grant applications and private donations to build a school playground. We are working towards building a school playground to open fall 2024. The Joey Moss Fundraising Society has raised 90% of the funds. The school is currently accepting donations. Cheques made out to Joey Moss School will receive a tax receipt. Thank you to all our families who have donated:
Andrews, Anoveros, Bisht, Canniff, Chung/Shin, Congdon, Cornell, Davey, Earl, Gladue, Groves, Han, Imo, Johal, Khunkun, Li, Liu, Lui, Ma, Marshall, McCleary, McCooeye, Meidinger, Mendhiratta, Mertle, Miller, Moghrabi, Parry, Patel, Peiris, Peters, Petryshyn, Prowse, Sandhu, Schmidek, Sehn, Smelquist, Tam, Theede, Udoh, Uzokwe, Vasant, Wen, Yang/Park, Yuan, Zhang, Zhong/Wu
Joey Moss’s drive-through drop-off is a great feature of the school! It’s handy for parents in a hurry and great for students’ independence.
We have created the following set of rules in order to keep our parking and drive through safe and efficient for everyone. Please note the following:
1. Parents must stay in their vehicle. Children must exit from the passenger side, so please arrange your car seats accordingly. We will have volunteers to help open the door and unbuckle car seats if needed.
2. Primary drive through users MUST turn RIGHT to exit the school lot, secondary drive through users MUST turn LEFT to exit. If we have cars trying to cross into the other lanes this will lead to collisions.
3. When you enter the drive-through pull up all the way to the front.
4. All of your children must exit the vehicle at the same time. Please do NOT do two drop offs.
5. Children should only exit the vehicle along the STRAIGHT part of the sidewalk, NOT back where it begins to curve. If you need volunteer assistance, please continue to drive forward until one is available.
6. Please do not pull around slower vehicles. We greatly risk hitting a child crossing in the crosswalk if there is more than one lane of traffic trying to drive through.
7. Angle parking during drop off and pick up is for parents with students in kindergarten and our Interactions program ONLY. Drive through cars have the right of way and if you choose to use the angle parking you will have to wait until the drive through hours are over before exiting your parking space.
8. If you would like to wait with your child until they enter the school and they are not in kindergarten or Interactions, please use the street parking.
Drive through hours:
Morning 8:15 – 8:35
Afternoon 3:28 – 3:40
Please refer to this Traffic Map.
See all that Joey Moss School has to offer.
Welcome to Joey Moss School! We have had an amazing first year and we look forward to continued growth. Our staff team is so proud of our learning community, and the opportunities and support that we offer our students.
At Joey Moss, we are committed to providing a positive, welcoming learning environment that will foster and support student learning. We focus on creating a school community where diversity is celebrated and valued, and relationships are nurtured. Our goal is to ensure all students feel safe and happy every day.
Our priority is student growth and success. We provide opportunities for students to explore, create, collaborate and work to their greatest potential. We focus on literacy, numeracy, experiential learning, the arts and physical education. Our team encourages students to be confident in their own learning and be positive, contributing citizens in our school community and beyond.
We welcome and encourage our families to play an active role in their children’s education. Joey Moss School is currently collaborating with our School Council and the Joey Moss Fundraising Society to raise funds for our future school playground. We encourage all families and community members to get involved and support this project.
I look forward to meeting new students that join Joey Moss for the 2023-24 school year.
Colleen Marshall, Principal
“A love of learning has a lot to do with learning that we are loved.”
- Fred Rogers